Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Colleen - Day 8 - November 20, 2012

Day 3 = Hiss
Day 4 = Hiss
Day 5 = Hiss & spit
Day 6 = Hiss
Day 7 = Hiss & strike

It's been pretty much the same around here.  I sit with Colleen & she hisses.  Make that I sit 'by' Colleen. She's not real happy being touched.  But that's kind of the point of this exercise.

Since the vet told me about Colleen's giardia, I've had the happy job of trying to medicate this hellcat twice a day.  On the fotunate side, since Colleen has her butt planted in one spot now, she's pretty easy to find and while there is a lot of hissing & spitting going on, she's pretty much a coward, so as long as I reach in over the teeth & claws, I can scruff her with relative ease.  Since she's serving up nothing but hisses, the open mouth is an easy target for the medicine.  I'm just happy it's not in pill form.

I guess the medicine is doing its job.  As Colleen seems to feel better, she's feeling her oats more and trying to strike out at me on occasion.  What an unhappy cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment