Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Background



Hi,
So this is my first entry into the land of blog. My name is Pam and I am a kitten foster 'parent' for the local animal shelter here in town. I've raised about 100 kittens (and counting) since April 2008. This blog is intended to help keep track of the first few weeks of those kittens' lives with the hope that those early 'growing pains' and 'baby pictures' will be of interest to the future adopters.

I started fostering cats and kittens some 20+ years ago back in North Carolina (for the Durham County Animal Protection Society) after first adopting a little orange and white tabby kitten and his look-alike mom, jovialy named Lucy and (little) Ricky. They were part of my life for 18 and 23 years.

Most of my cats have wandered into my life and adopted me. Some were hand-me-downs from family. One was a rescue from the ASPCA in New York City. The latest is a rescue from the Irvine Animal Care Center, where I volunteer. All were well loved and possessed amazing purr-sonalities.


I currently share my home with two girl-kitties, a 22 year-old calico named Amy (deaf and grouchy) and a 2 or 3 year-old black cat named Lorenza (she came with that name when I adopted her and we haven't settled on anything different so far).
And then there are the babies.... so many foster kittens... all amazingly cute, fuzzy, adorable. Hopefully, this will help me keep track of them over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment